Thursday, May 8, 2008

Report from Vegas...

Well, it's been a week since I've been home, I should probably post a few pics and what not.

This skinny little punk is my pal Dan Sperry. Don't let his Marilyn Manson look fool you, he's a big pussycat. One of my favorite things about going to Vegas is hanging out with friends like Dan who I only see once or twice a year. If you're in town, catch him at The World's Greatest Magic Show.


This is Jason England. A VERY dangerous man with a deck of cards. The first night of the convention he gave a demonstration at midnight on crooked gambling techniques. Second deals, bottom deals, center deals; this guy does it all.


Jeff McBride, doing what he does best. I still wanna be like him when I grow up.



This was a real treat! Scott land is fantastic puppeteer. He brought a few of his creations including a VERY lifelike marionette of magician Carl Ballantine, (that did Carl's act!) and this guy, Helio the clown. Yes, Helio actually blew up and tied a balloon, and then floated away. Yes, of course you can see the strings, but you'd swear this thing had a pulse. For those of you who have seen the movie Team America World Police, you have seen Scott's work. Please check out the video on his website www.thepuppetman.com


The two sexiest people at the convention have dinner with Scott Sullivan. This is Kari Hendler. Writer, photographer, sushi aficionado, and one of my favorite people to hang out with. (She was totally into me, but Sullivan killed the mood.)

Just a few pics there. I really had a great time. For any people who read this and are interested in, the arts, or history, please check out the latest episode of our podcast The Magic Lantern. We talk to Kari about a very fascinating project she's been working on. You can find it on iTunes under The Magic Lantern podcast, or at www.reelsinmotion.tv




No comments: