Tuesday, March 25, 2008

How did you do that?

As a professional magic-type dude, this is of course the most popular question I'm asked. Even with close friends though, I maintain the magician's code of keeping secrets. The second most popular question is "Are you ever fooled." I normally answer "Not as often as I like." There is no greater feeling in the world to me than being amazed. Being as wary I am of magic on TV and the internet, this means I get my fix from other magicians. I'll be in Vegas in a few weeks for The World Magic Seminar, and I'm sure to get fooled plenty, maybe even dish out a little of my own.

I do however love to discuss how magic works. Not necessarily the particulars of any specific thing I perform, but the principles that make it work. So many people say they feel stupid or drunk. This could not be further from the truth. After studying magic for so many years, you can't help but learn a bit about how the brain works. Since this blog is not intended for magicians only, I don't get very specific here. However, I will share a very cool video a fellow magic-type dude sent me. It's a brilliant ad campaign that shows quite a bit about how your brain works. Yep, it fooled the hell out of me.

http://www.dothetest.co.uk/

No comments: