Tuesday, February 19, 2008

As a matter of fact, I DO know everybody...

Just a quick post this week to relay a funny story.  Friday night I went to go check out some folks in a band I met a few weeks ago.  The band, Take 147 who does mostly rock covers and a few originals features Greta on guitar and lead vocals, Amber on bass and bongos, (sexy haircut) Patty on drums, (SQUISH HIM) and Mike on lead guitar.  They were playing at a lesbian bar called liquid.  (Not sure if that's PC or not, but that's what it was.)  There were a few guys there, not sure how many of us were straight, I think I can vouch for me and Eddie.  I walked in fresh from a gig, so I'm a bit over-dressed in my gray pin-strip suit.  The second I walked in, I had 2 girls come up and hug me.  "Hey, magician man!"  "Yeah, hey what's up ladies."  I replied.  Of course they asked what I'm doing there.  I guess they wanted me to make sure I didn't wander into a place where I thought I might pick up a date.  I explained that I knew the band and came to check them out.  After I grabbed a beer and sat at a table where Amber's girlfriend Amy was hanging out, I felt someone come behind me and kiss my cheek, then whisper in my ear "You know, this really isn't the place to try and pick up chicks."  I turn around and it's my friend Mary.  We dated for a few months, but like most relationships, I screwed that one up real good.  We're still good friends, although we're both so busy we hardly see each other.  She was out with friends celebrating her new job and someone asked if she'd mind going to see a band at this bar.  Mary seemed to have 4 or 5 cocktails in her by the time I saw her.  After introducing her to Amy and her friend Mary went to get another drink, (lush).  Amy leaned over and asked about her, I explained that we used to date.  Amy's eyes lit up and asked "Is she gay?"  I just had to laugh and explain that I have this thing about bumping into people in the weirdest places.  In fact that night, about 4 total.  6 degrees of seperation?  Try 2 with me.

1 comment:

tjo' said...

You should listen to the song "I was Dancing in a Lesbian Bar" by Jonathon Richman...here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ftJwe3JDh0