Sunday, January 6, 2008

So kid, you wanna blog huh....


So I admit it.  I follow what the other kids do; far behind.  I've been wanting to do this for a while and after urging from my friend Scott Sullivan, (you have him to thank) I figured what the hell.  I figured this would be a fun way for people to find out more about me and my various interests. And for those who thought they knew me, well we'll see about that.  This will be primarily a log of various experiences I have as a performer, places I visit and people I meet.  I don't intend on using this as a soapbox for political and religious mumbo-jumbo, but hey after a few beers, you never know.  I'm also very lucky to be blessed with some of the best friends a guy could ever ask for.  Many of them have never met, so they may actually connect this way also.

So what  is a Pepka?  A Pepka, as defined by the man himself is a 33 year old, happily divorced magician, musician, smart-ass, lover of comedy, technology, Italian food, and German Beer.  Born near Pittsburgh, grew up in Hershey,  and now residing in the vast, thriving metropolis of New Cumberland, PA.  For the last 15 years, I have been a sleight of hand artist.  Yeah, a fancy term for a guy who does card tricks.  I've never liked the term magician.  I also think that unless you're 5, you probably realize it's a trick.  And since I don't perform for 5 year olds, let's just cut the crap.  For the past 23 years, I have been playing trombone.  At times better than others.  In high school I placed first for district band and district orchestra.  What will that get me today? Not a lot.  Maybe an invite to play somewhere, but once they hear me, I may not be invited back.  I love jazz but have played just about every type of music you can imagine; swing, classical, rock and even polka.  (C'mon, a fat guy from Pittsburgh HAS to polka!)  

This will be a learning surely be a learning experience as I figure out how all this stuff works.  If you're still with me after all of this, thanks for reading.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Awesome! its urban and gritty!