Thursday, July 24, 2008

Ho Hum....

Well, it's been a few weeks and I figured I should put something up here. Not a whole lot to report. Just enjoying the hot humid days of summer.

As far as entertainment, when not providing it myself, I've been taking in a lot of movies. Most recently, The Dark Knight. If you read this and haven't seen it yet, shame on you. Drop what you're doing and go now! I hate to jump on the Heath Ledger bandwagon, but this guy did such a great job showing what a creepy villian the Joker really is. Bravo.

I also had a chance to get to see Billy Joel. My date cancelled at the last minute, so my pal Eddie joined me. What a blast! Billy is one of these guys who doesn't need to keep touring, but does so because he loves what he does; and that's easy for anyone to see.

In a few weeks, another pal Scott and I will hop a train down to Atlantic City. We'll be catching a show by a wonderful husband and wife duo, Mark Kalin and Jinger. I've seen them twice before and their show is well worth seeing another time. Since they're normally on the west coast, we jumped at the chance when we found out they'll be in A.C. for the summer.

2 comments:

BSA said...

My favorite concert was a Billy Joel concert - great show. And Mark and Jinger - lucky you - although i can go anytime and i havent - shame on me. Have to go, need to drop everything and see a movie!

Ericha2 said...

Just saw Dark Knight on Sunday. I'm not a huge Batman fan but was very impressed with the movie, especially Heath Ledger. Eerie and Creepy but so spot on.

Saw Mamma Mia last weekend which is so much damn fun! If you have any inkling toward disco you MUST see it. If for nothing more than Pierce Brosnan trying to sing.

Can't remember if you're a Bond fan or not. Did you see the trailer for Quantum of Solace? We can't wait for that! Later, off to bed.